Monday, December 19, 2011

Second Day Aboard – 12/19/11

So today was another early start with HR training at 8:00am. For some reason I can’t sleep past 5:00am so I just woke up and started getting ready. I took a shower the night before (it was wonderful!! The water pressure is amazing and I am pretty sure my shower is wider than the guest showers. It still has a curtain but it billows out away from you which is great). So I went to pick up Cheyenne and we headed to breakfast.

The one thing I am going to have to adjust to is the food on board. I am a picky eater at the best of times (I know it is a huge shock to anyone who knows me) and the food here is so-so. I have been able to eat at least one thing at every meal but nothing has blown me away. So far I have been a vegetarian because the meat looks iffy, but I will survive on it (as long as there is a potato product present).

So after breakfast we headed up to the HR training room and had yet another safety course and test. Then we had some more sexual harassment etc. presentations from HR and then stopped for lunch. After lunch we took a tour of the . . . I can’t remember the name of it, but it is where all the magic happens. I want to say engine room, but that wasn’t quite it. Anywho, after that we got all our electronic checked (all of mine passed!! Yay!) and then I went down to costuming to get fitted.

By this time is was 4:00 and costuming took quite a while because there are a lot of new hires to be fitted and get there costumes. After about 40 minutes I was finished and had to rush off to my cabin to change and get ready for my 5:00 training session. I got there and realized I forgot my binder so had to run back to my cabin to get it. I was still on time so I clocked in and headed to training.

I am training with a man named Bongani and he is very nice. I am learning a lot and having information thrown at me at an alarming rate. Everyone said this Christmas cruise is the worst to learn on because everything is so crazy and busy. So I have more HR training for 8 until 4 tomorrow and then I start GS (Guest Services) training from 6:00 to 8:00. The scheduler took pity on me and only gave me a short shift.

So things are going very well so far and I am really enjoying my time here so far!

More stories and adventures to come tomorrow, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo - you had sexual harassment as part of your training? Should they be harassing you? I think you mean control room. Sounds like a hectic day

    ReplyDelete