Monday, December 19, 2011

First day on board – 12/18/11

So I am sitting in my new cabin on the Disney Wonder!!! And it is bloody hot in here!! I wonder if it is always this hot in the cabins. So today started with an early wake up time; I woke up at 4:00am but didn’t need to be up until 5:30. At 5:00 I talked to my mom before I had to sign off to go with Cheyenne down stairs for breakfast. I was so tired and sore from the previous days I thought I would fall asleep before getting to the ship. So once we finished our breakfast and checked out of the hotel, we bored our vans and were on our way to the Port of L.A. to join the Disney Wonder!

We got to the ship around 8:00am and it was already in port and passengers were leaving the ship. It was good to see the Wonder again. We got our bags x-rayed and then we made our way on board. We had training all morning and then had a ship tour and were showed our cabins and then went for lunch. I have a VERY nice cabin on the first deck, while most people have their cabins below. I share with a girl named Jusmary, who I have only met briefly on two different locations. She also works in Guest Services and is fairly new, only having been here a month. There are just two of us in this cabin and it is much larger than other cabins I have seen my friends in. The shower and bathroom in general is much larger and the main cabin is larger and even has a chair/sofa type thing in it. I will try to post some pictures with this post.

So after lunch we met with Minnie Mouse and had our picture taken as a group. We then watched the Sail Away party and then met with our departments. Colin came and took me to costuming were I was measured (I will pick up my costume tomorrow) and then got my DCL ID. All in all it was a very exciting, long, and tiring day. So far so good with everything here. I have some paper work to study tonight in regards to guest services.

Tomorrow I have training all day again from 8:00am until 4:00 and then I will pick up my costume and venture over to guest services and have a little more training there!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment